27 Jun HDFC PBG: Change to customer search in Add Activity screen
We made a change to the Add Activity screen for HDFC PBG. The old screen loaded all customers into a drop down list box, allowing the user to search & select a customer to associate with this activity. As the customer list grew, this user experience has become progressively slower.
Hence we made a change where the user can enter the first few characters of a customer’s name and all customers with matching names are shown in the list box. This not only improves system performance but also provides a much more responsive user experience.
Here is everything we changed as part of this update:
- Removed loading of all customers in the Add activity screen
- Restricted loading to 25 customers
- Added a customer name search box, which is blazing fast
- Added a user prompt “Start typing to search” in the search box
- Old screenshot
- New screenshot
- Empty result when no records match